Serving our clients with integrity and dedication
Crystal L. Maluchnik
- Managing Partner
- Appellate Advocacy
- Insurance & Bad Faith
- Professional Liability
Crystal L. Maluchnik is the Managing Partner of Janik L.L.P., focusing her practice on insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, as well as appeals and professional liability matters.
Crystal graduated cum laude, from the State University of New York at Buffalo with a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology. While an undergraduate student, Crystal was inducted into Alpha Kappa Delta Zeta, the National Undergraduate Sociology Honor Society. Crystal earned her Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude from the University of Dayton School of Law. As a law student, Crystal served as an Executive Editor for Publication of the University of Dayton's Law Review.
Crystal is admitted to practice before the Courts of Missouri, Ohio, and South Carolina. She is also admitted to practice in the United States Districts Courts for the Eastern District of Missouri, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, the District of South Carolina, and the Norther District of Illinois, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth and Sixth Circuits.
Crystal is a "Certified Litigation Management Professional" having completed the inaugural Litigation Management Institute by the Council of Litigation Management at Columbia Law School. She has been selected to Best Lawyers in America for Insurance Law for 2018-2023, to Ohio Super Lawyers for 2022-2023, as well as included as a "Rising Star" in Ohio Super Lawyers for 2007 and consecutive years 2011-2019.
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: magna cum laude
- State University of New York, Buffalo, New York
- Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Sociology
- South Carolina
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- American, Ohio, Missouri, South Carolina and Cleveland-Metropolitan Bar Associations
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance